Sunday, April 12, 2015

What's your life lesson?

Today I had a reality check. A reality check that I am extremely thankful for. I sat and thought back to my trip to Jacksonville during spring break, and pondered on one experience in particular. On one of the later days in the week my group was sitting in the break room having a discussion with one of the staff members for the company we were working with. His name was Bill, and Bill asked the group, "what is the greatest life lesson that you have learned thus far?" While I'm not about to write about what I told him, I'm going to tell you what I realized today. We, as individuals, are blank canvases, we are able to paint our life day by day and how we choose to live our life will have an impact on us for the rest of our life. In the mornings, we can wake up and say "you know what, this is going to be a great day," or we can simply roll over and begin our days with an attitude. I'm not going to lie, I've had a lot of those roll over days recently, but I think I'm done letting them build up. I want my greatest life lesson (thus far) to mean something to me. I want to live by this lesson. As you may know from previous posts, or just by knowing me, I like challenges. I enjoy to challenge myself and others to tasks that will better themselves, that will require them to step outside of their comfort zone, and change for the better. I am challenging myself to wake up tomorrow and roll over and say "TODAY, is going to be a good day." As tomorrow comes to a close, I'm going to challenge myself to this again, I'm going to go to bed every night challenging myself to wake up and have a good day so that I will paint my life to be beautiful. I want you, my reader, to ask yourself what your greatest life lesson is thus far. Share it with someone you hold near and dear to you. And if you would like, share it with me, I would love love love to hear from you because I love life lessons, and I love learning from other. Take a minute to have a conversation about what you have learned, because you never know how it will change them. When you're finished there, challenge yourself, because if you don't learn to step outside of the norm, then you are just going to live each day over and over again, and in all honesty what fun is that? Love the shoes that you walk in everyday, and if you don't then change them. You have the ability to choose you life destinations, and please don't take that power lightly, because it's quite a large power.
"I think today represents not the first step towards changing the world, but rather the first reward from the many subsequent steps I have been taking all my life to get me here." 

No comments:

Post a Comment