Monday, April 6, 2015

Have a little patience and faith, reward will soon come

Job. Not job, Job as in the pious and prosperous Job from the bible. Job and I are pretty tight if I do say so myself. I was introduced to the story of Job in May of 2010 and man can I tell you ever since that day my life hasn't really been the same. That day in May I began a journey of what would soon bring me my best friends and life-long memories, as well as a new mind-set that I'd like sit back and reflect on. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the story of Job, and if you're not I encourage you to take a step and read up on Job, but until 2010 I was never really sure what I thought about reading and learning from the bible. I've never been one to go to church every Sunday, I went to VBS once, and my family never really talked about our faith in any aspect, so to be honest when I joined JDI in 2010 I didn't really take much from the story of Job. Recently I've really been reflecting on this story that we as an organization were founded on. I'm not going to sit here and rewrite the story of Job for you, but from what I have gathered over these almost 5 years I will enlighten you on how I have reached to the story of Job for reassurance recently. Basically in a simple sentence or two, here it is. Remain patient through all the trials and tribulations even if you don't see an end anytime soon. Continue to have constant faith in the Lord and know that He is there to guide us through it all, because while we may not see it at the time, He knows what to do. Lastly, you will see reward in the end. Through your reluctant patience and your continuous faith, you will reach reward. I've gotten really good at this patience part, I'm gradually getting better at faith as I am still discovering myself and fully understanding my faith, and I sure am waiting for the reward, which I know will come one day but it seems like the longest wait yet. That one day in May brought me a lot more than the story of Job, it brought me countless memories that I will forever be thankful for, a best friend that will always be there, and it enlightened me to my faith and an amazing outlook on life.
"And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren." Job 42:15

No comments:

Post a Comment