Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Dear Longwood and the people I've met here,

When I left for college in August of 2012 I never would have thought one school could bring me so much joy and so much anger at the same time. What a way to start a blog post right? I mean how can one place bring me so much joy and happiness yet still bring me a decent amount of anger from time to time? While it may seem like a negative aspect of being at Longwood, if it has brought me bad time, but in all honesty I am completely thankful for both the positive and negative I have experienced since being here. Longwood University is the definition of the perfect school for me. I have visited many other schools, and heard many stories about them, and the only thought that crosses my mind is wow, I would never picture myself anywhere else to obtain my degree. While yes I am here for an education, and I am thankful for the opportunity to come here for a degree in Criminal Justice, but in all honesty, I am thankful for Longwood in the mere aspect that it truly has brought me some of the closest friends I could have ever asked for.
To the one that suffered through living with me freshman year. While we may not text everyday and we may not see each other every waking minute like we did freshman year I am still forever thankful for our friendship. We have been through so much and what started out as two loser freshman, are now two SEAL loving, Florida traveling, Zeta sisters. Living with you was always an adventure to say the least and while we didn't last longer than a year together as roommates, I know that you'll always be there as a friend. I learned a lot about myself while living with you and that is something that I could never pay you back for.
To one individual who I have managed to be around since before even coming to Longwood. I have had you there for my journey through Longwood since day one. You are by far one of the individuals that I look up to most, and I strive to be as good of a leader as you one day. You are the one that challenged me to run for SEAL Chair last year, and while I didn't get this position, I learned a lot for just simply stepping outside of my comfort zone and running. You are one of the most hard working individuals that I know, and I honestly just want you to know how much you mean to me. You have been such an inspiration in my life and I thank you to no end for that.
To the individuals who some how suffered through living with me these past few years. Y'all have taught me so much about myself, and how to be a better person. I have learned that I truly can be myself around the people that I am close with, and I thank all of you for accepting me for who I am. Especially the one that is stuck sharing a side of the apartment with me this year. You have seen me through many ups and downs, and I wouldn't have made it through them all if it wasn't for you so thank you. Love you lots.
This next one is one that I never thought I would write. I met you freshman year during LSEM, and somehow you still talk to me now. I appreciate you, I have learned a lot from our communications these past two and a half years. You are a fantastic human, and even though I seemed to be a bitch to you a lot, and we don't talk as much as we used to, you really are one person that I am glad I met at Longwood. You probably will never read this and if you do you will have no idea that it is about you but thank you for all your kind words and your words of encouragement over the years because they really did help me get through everything. You really are a great human with one of the biggest hearts ever.
This isn't to just one individual, but instead a amazing group of individuals that seems to always put a smile on my face. While I haven't been naming names, this time I will. SEAL you have changed my life forever. You have brought me my best friend, you have brought me some of the brightest and happiest memories and you have inspired me to be a better person. Who knew that joining an organization would have brought so much joy and comfort into my life. SEAL, y'all are my rock you are the one reason that I get through every week here, because I get to see y'all and I realize what great things we are doing here at Longwood, individually and collectively as a whole organization.
This next one is one that I never would have thought would have such an impact on my life. We became really close at an extremely random time under weird circumstances. I always thought that you hated me. That I never would be friends with you, and man was I wrong. You have been one of the brightest friendships I have made at Longwood, and while I know I thank you often, I don't thank you enough. Thanks for always being there on my left, if you catch my drift. You are an incredibly inspiring human and never forget that. You have changed many peoples lives including my own, all in amazing ways so please don't ever forget how loved you are. Please understand how thankful I am for you because I don't think words can ever describe it. I love you lots.
Lastly, to an individual who I could never be more thankful for. This past year at Longwood has been an extremely hard one for me, and for you, but speaking for myself I know that I never would have gotten through it without you. You have brought me so much joy, and you have been there even after you have seen me at my worst. I will forever be grateful for everything you have done for me because in all honesty I never would have thought I'd have a friend like you, and I can never pay you back for what you have given me. We are two of the most awkward people I know which makes our friendship so much more perfect. You are my person and I thank you. While our friendship seemed to blossom out of nowhere (see what I did there cause you like flowers) I am so glad that it did. I have told you this a thousand times over but love you long time shit head.
This is just a very few of the people that have seemed to make an impact on my life during my 3 years at Longwood so far, and I could honestly write for days about everyone else, but I had to draw the line somewhere. For those of you who have actually read through to the end y'all deserve a special shout out as well. Thanks for truly taking the time to read my blog as I guarantee you that you too have impacted me while being at Longwood, so thank you too.
In true lancer spirit,
Kylie
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."

No comments:

Post a Comment